Vandalism spree damages several cars in Franklin Park
Updated: April 15, 2013 11:02AM
Seven cars were damaged between March 9 and 11 in Franklin Park.
Police are classifying six of the cases as vandalism and the other as a burglary. They have “a couple of loose leads” but no suspect in custody, said Criminal Investigations Commander Mike Konwinski.
Police are contacting area stores to see if any surveillance video turns up any information.
Police in Elmwood Park and River Forest are investigating similar sprees of smashed vehicle windows.
In Franklin Park, the vehicles are:
- Pontiac on 3000 block of Scott Street. Driver’s side window broken. Reported 1:15 p.m. March 11.
- 1994 Ford on 2900 block of Rose Street. Front passenger window broken. Reported 10:26 a.m. March 10.
- Ford and Nissan on 9700 block of Schiller Boulevard. Window on each broken. Both reported 9 p.m. March 9.
- Nissan on 3000 block of Ruby Street with driver’s side front window broken. Reported 8:13 a.m. March 10.
- Jeep on 9600 block of Schiller. Driver’s side window broken out. Reported 6:55 a.m. March 10.
- Unspecified vehicle, reported March 10.~.